The role of the Planet Positive Foundation is to promote and fund sustainable living and carbon reduction projects globally and locally. Our vision is to inspire the global community into a better way of living by having a positive impact on the environment.
Planet Positive certification signifies a commitment to ongoing positive action on the environment. We build a bridge between the business and the community. We will reach, inspire, and encourage communities to become increasingly sustainable.
- Engage 50 million people in sustainable lifestyles by 2020
- Provide an interface between businesses and the global community
- Engage 70% of all UK schools by 2020
- Engage families, teachers and the wider community through school visits
- Protect 10,000 acres of rainforest by 2020
- Build at least one sand dam by 2020, to service 10 villages
- Provide solar panels for at least 10 schools in Africa by 2020
Planet Positive certification requires businesses to go beyond reducing their own impacts on the planet to create a positive effect. It is important that you do more than simply measure and reduce your own carbon emissions and water usage to ‘give back’ to your local or global community.
The core funding for the Foundation is supplied by Planet Positive Ltd, by donating 10% of client fees to the foundation. Clients can direct their ‘investment’ to any of the Planet Positive Approved Projects, and can choose to increase their contribution to make a greater positive impact if they wish.
We also accept donations from individuals who want to make a positive impact on the Planet.
There are many benefits to this initiative:
- We create a powerful funding mechanism to deliver valuable sustainability projects locally, nationally and around the world
- Projects help market and connect Planet Positive to the public, consumers and businesses. It is also valuable local PR
- Projects are a very visible sign of action. Planet Positive is an action-based brand which requires businesses to go beyond compliance
- The Foundation allows certified businesses and products to showcase their sustainability credentials and make credible corporate sustainability statements
- The Foundation is a valuable 3rd party to the commercial arm of the business and demonstrates some of the strengths of sustainable business